Southeast Asia’s leading used car trading platform with presence in Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand & Singapore, prides itself as a one-stop shop for all car sellers, providing a full stack selling solution from inspection to ownership transfer, to deliver a seamless & hassle-free experience to sellers. Since its inception in 2015, the company has facilitated more than U$400 million in transacted value with over 50,000 cars transacted on its platform across the four countries.
Head of Sales – Indonesia
Functions as the leader of the company’s Indonesia sales & business development function in driving business expansion and profitability. Manages the proactive sales efforts from time to time with the team. You will be responsible to implement the required strategy and applicable initiatives in all aspects of the sales process while providing day-to-day leadership oversight to team you are supervising with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the company Indonesia ’s sales objectives. Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes sales opportunities by accurately forecasting revenues and performance measurement areas.
- The Head of Sales will be directly responsible for growing both sides of our platform buying and selling used cars
- Grow and manage the local retail sourcing, i.e, purchase from retail customers.
- Build a high-performing team within supervision including Retail Branch Manager and Buyer.
- Collaborate with Branch Manager to effectively manage sales from branches resulting in improved customer bidding acceptance by leveraging strategic thinking and territory analysis skills.
- Manage the business development team, coaching and develop strong relationship with local used cars dealers.
- Ensure the daily, monthly and annual KPI for both retail & non-retail sourcing and business development team are consistently meeting target.
- Manage the non-retail sourcing team to ensure strong supply growth to complement retail sourcing.
- Ability to analyse data, identify market trends, changes and implications, develop objectives and strategies, etc.in growing and winning the local market share.
- Confidence in a technology-focused environment; demonstrated capacity to keep abreast of new technology and trends.
- Continuously provides training and coaching to the team to improve and develop their customer service skills by providing factual and objective feedback.
- Work closely with the company HQ and cross functional team (Business Intelligence, Operations, Strategy and Finance).
- 10+ years of experience in leading sales and/or business development function in the same scale with demonstrated experience scaling a high growth business.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and natural desire to get things done.
- You have a successful track record as a sales leader within local market and with international exposure.
- You care deeply about culture — you’ve always wanted to work at a company that values bringing your whole self to work. You will bring our company Values (Respect, Innovative, Empowerment and Open-Minded) to life.
- You’re a manager of a team with phenomenal leadership and management skills (1:1’s, reviews, hiring, coaching, etc)
- You’re a collaborator making people feel heard, though you are able to say “no” or make the tough calls needed to better serve the business and our customers
- Strong analytical skills working with data to make product decisions