- As a potential candidate, you will work closely with the Creative Production Team. This team designs, creates and executes new projects, innovative products and in-demand services.
- In this position, you will not only take part in the fun production phase but you will have a positive contribution and involvement during the pre-production phase.
- The role of Video Editor, will receive a brief/ script/ shot list to which he/she must assemble. These raw files must be edited both offline and online. Meaning:
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Furthermore, our Video Editor will also have to be able to work with existing Profile Pictures and equipment.
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Finally, in this role, you will also have the responsibility to take decisions, overseeing and maintaining the overall look and feel of the Creative Production Decision.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Graduated with a diploma or a Bachelor’s Degree in Multimedia/ Film/ Video Editing or other relevant fields – but if you think you are a good candidate with another educational background, go ahead and apply!
- You have a good eye and judgment on creative decisions
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- As part of a medium-sized team, we need you to be as confident working individually, as you are working in a team.
- You are thorough in your work and you pay great attention to detail
- You need to be able to think outside the box and come up with effective solutions. Be proactive!
- You value consistency, coherent work and high-quality products/ services
- You know how to manage your time, you have experience with a heavy workload and you know how to deal with time pressure
Signs you’re a good fit for us
- You enjoy fast-moving environments where experimentation is encouraged
- You take your work seriously and yourself not so seriously
- You are passionate about education and technology and you are excited to create positive social change to enable people to launch their career
- You believe that educating the “whole person” is a necessity
- You appreciate learning and see yourself as a lifelong learner