ABOUT THE ROLE
A bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science is important for this position. You also need experience in technical support, project management, technical sales and consultancy. In addition to excellent product and technical knowledge, you must have good interpersonal and communication skills to build effective relationships with customers and with other members of the account team including Partners to drive the solution. You will be paired with Account Manager as well. Ultimately, you strongly required to have a strong mentality on handling tough corporate clients.
Technical Account Managers play an important role in winning sales. You are responsible for analyzing prospects’ business and technical requirements and developing solutions that meet those needs. In some cases, you may work with product development teams to customize products for individual customers. You also demonstrate products to customers and explain how the proposed product or solution meets customers’ needs.
When customers have agreed to purchase a product, technical account managers identify the services and support customers will need to make effective and productive use of products. You require project management skills to put together installation programs that minimize disruption for customers. You may also arrange training for customers’ users. Technical account managers monitor the progress of product installations to ensure that they are successful.
Technical account managers are responsible for managing the ongoing support to customers to confirm that they continue to make effective use of products. You monitor support requests to identify any recurring issues and may recommend changes to products. You hold regular review meetings with customers to discuss any issues or problems and provide reports to the other members of the account team. Technical Account Manager analyze customers’ support requirements and identify
areas where the company can offer improved service or reduce support costs.
By monitoring product performance and associated support needs, Technical Account manager identify opportunities to upgrade or modify products so that they meet customers’ needs more effectively. You provide reports on product performance to the development team and advise customers on new products or upgrades that may be suitable for their business
- Maintaining and managing relationships as the key communication interface between the clients (external) and all related internal divisions (e.g. Product, Finance, Legal, etc.) in order to achieve client goals and internal goals
- Provide technical support for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes
- Address all product-related queries on time
- Assist clients to use products effectively
- Provide developers with client’s feedback to help identify potential new features or products
- Report on product performance
- Identify solutions to reduce support costs
- Analyze client’s needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales
- Keep track of sales performance metrics.
- Handling pre commercial deals for pre-sales/RFP/quotation, negotiation, to close stage
- Build ad promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships understanding the needs through Kata’s product
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of weekly/monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with sales team to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
- Tough, confident, fast paced, friendly, and most importantly fast learner in understanding different business models and business needs
- Detail oriented, positive attitude and the ability to prioritize tasks to fit deadlines
- Excellence communication as well as with technical skills
- Able to prepare and present a good deck
- Background from IT company or digital agency will be plus point
- Minimum 3 years of experience in related field