- Understand the needs and requirements from customers and internal teams.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains product management staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains product management staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- A growth mindset and truly flexible. You can shift tasks and priorities when circumstances change (At a fast-growing startup, they often do).
- You are a rockstar at framing and analyzing complex problems
- Works well under pressure and has the ability to work within strict timelines and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Good ability to translate the underlying business needs of requests into actionable items.
- Experience with business users and able to translate business requirement
- Product Management, People Management, Understanding the Customer, Product Development, Requirements Analysis, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
The skills you need to excel in this position include:
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and its current events
- The ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisation
Signs you’re a good fit for us:
- You enjoy fast-moving environments where experimentation is encouraged
- You take your work seriously and yourself not so seriously
- You are passionate about education and technology and you are excited to create positive social change to enable people to launch their career
- You believe that educating the “whole person” is a necessity
- You appreciate learning and see yourself as a lifelong learner