Coordinate legislative efforts by working with state, local, and federal governments as well as the media.
- Analyze legislation and regulation for relevance to business objectives and advise accordingly. Interpret government action or potential action to business leaders and make recommendations
- Identify and monitor short-term and long-term political risks and opportunities to fintech industry. Keep business teams apprised of emerging policy issues and trends.
- Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within target markets.
- Track key regulatory and legislative developments and communicate issues to leadership team and key stakeholders
- Engage the executive team on various government relations efforts, keeping them up to date and involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- Plan, develop and implement PR strategies
- Liaise with, and answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- Perform research, manage internal and external communication, and contact various media outlets
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR
These are some of the skillsets we are looking for
- 3+ years of experience working in any of the following fields: consultant, government relations, public affairs, and public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Public Relations, Law, Marketing, Business Administration, Public Policy, Communications or related studies.
- Must understand political and legislative processes, and the resulting implications upon our company and industry
- Demonstrated experience building diverse external relationships.
- Strong written and verbal communications